 Robotics / 8447
8446  |  8448
Subject:
I need a Propeller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:05:43 GMT

Hi,

for a MindStorms project I need a (working) propeller. I plan to drive it
with two of the old-style 9V motors. It should move as much air as possible.
I estimate that the diameter should be somewhere between three and four
inches. I wonder what the best way to go is:

1) I could use an axle with two angled plates. This is most likely the worst
approach as the studs and holes will result in lot of air friction.

2) The three bladed propeller from the 8855 plane will be probably best. It
will be hard to find though. Anybody going to part from it? :-)

3) The big Znap wheels could do it. I haven't had one in my hands so it's
hard to say.

4) I could try some of the more specialized parts for the blades like
Insectoid wings.

5) The Mini Heli 8215 has a propeller but I doubt it will move much air.
Maybe two of these...

Has anybody tried this before?

Thanks,
Stefan