 Robotics / 8483
8482  |  8484
Subject:
Radio shack basic electronics book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:19:58 GMT

Radio Shack Canada has an online store ( http://www.radioshack.ca/rstore/ ).
I found some basic electronic books you may want to order. I'm not sure if
they're set up to deliver to France, but I don't see why not, if you paid
the shipping. (They even have a French language site).

http://www.radioshack.ca:80/rstore/search/Search.asp?&ct=rs%5Fsrc&so=rank%5B
d%5D&qu=%28%40meta%5Fcopy%5Ftext+%28book%29+OR+%40meta%5Fname+%28book%29%29&
mh=10&sh=10&ae=1&RN=11&qu_init=book

I thought they were everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting a
Radio Shack in North America. Maybe a good franchise opportunity in France
;-)

Seriously, I think they're part of Tandy Corp., so they may go under a
different name in Europe.

Mark Geddes

snip...
Aaargh !
I hate it when I read 'just go to Radio Shack'. For me it would involve
several thousand kilometers.
Here in France electronics/parts shops are hard to come by, and there is
definitely not a single brand that is as ubiquitous as Radio Shack seems
to be over the pond. We do have a lot of consumer electronics shops, but
none has ever heard of a 10k resistor.

So, how can I get hold of this book - without waiting for my next trip
to the Land of Plenty ?
I have found the book on amazon.com - but they say it's out of print.

Ideas, anyone ?

Cheers,
--Jonathan