 Robotics / 8482
Re: Selflearning Scout robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:20:42 GMT

Hi Mario,

Yes, you did prove me wrong, and I promised to put a link to your robot on
my site. But then my harddrive crashed and I lost all my mail, including
your address. But I'll live up to my promise and add you right now!

This particular braintype can be used for a bit more complex behaviour, but
that's rather limited. I'd opt for a neural brain for that but I don't think
I can fit one in the 1k memory of the Scout :)

CU  Bert

Lego robots and artificial intelligence www.bvandam.net

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it>
Aan: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Datum: dinsdag 23 november 1999 9:46
Onderwerp: Re: Selflearning Scout robot

Bert van Dam <bvandam@concepts.nl> wrote:
Using the new Lego SDK for the Scout I've built and programmed a self
learning Scout robot. The artificial intelligence of the Scout is based • on
roulette wheel brain. The small robot will drive around and learn how to
avoid colliding into walls (objects).

Both the robot itself (ai-wall avoider) as well as the theory of roulette
wheel brains (ai-roulette wheel) can be seen on my website.

Hi Bert,

You did already dig deeply into the Scout!
Very interesting. It surely applies to more complex behaviour too.
I used a similar approach with my learning brick sorter, but I never • thought
to the roulette wheel, it's a very clear metaphore.

Mario
(the one who proved you wrong about the possibility of doing a Lego robot
that shifts its weight to walk with just too legs :-) )

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari
LUGNET member page:  http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=22