 Robotics / 8486
Re: DCP sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:29:37 GMT

I got the Fisher Scientific Education Catalog today.  They have the sensors
from DCP for the LogIT data logger.  There are about 25 different sensors.
Here are prices for some the sensors:
Air Pressure $169
Conductivity $299
Student Force $119
Light $35
Angular Position $95
Ultrasonic Position $180
Sound $70
Temperature $50
Humidity $170

The ultrasonic ranger looks like it is about .75" high x 1.75" wide x 3"
deep.  Looks like a Polaroid sensor element.  Measures distance 200mm to
5meters.  Appears to give you echo time in 1us resolution.  Simple metal
box, kinda looks like a homebrew project.

Very few other sensors have photos.