 Robotics / 8473
8472  |  8474
Subject:
visual basic simple question?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:06:53 GMT

Hi All

I'm struggling with VB and spirit.ocx.
I've enclosed the VB code below, but the problem I have is that whenever I try
to poll the angle sensor, the value on the RCX resets to zero. Hence a zero
reading, even if I am turning the angle sensor.
I have a form set up that allows you to select the sensor type and the mode.
Type is set to angle and mode is set to angle.

Any ideas???

thanks

Mike

---------------------------------------
using rcxdata.bas from the sdk
---------------------------------------
'all variables must be declared
Option Explicit

Private Sub cmdExit_Click()
    'close comms and form on exit
    lego.CloseComm
    End
End Sub

Private Sub cmdPoll_Click()
    'set input 1 to type selected from combo box 1
    lego.SetSensorType SENSOR_1, cboType.ListIndex
    'return result format as selected from combo box
    lego.SetSensorMode SENSOR_1, cboMode.ListIndex, 0
    'set text box to value of sensor 1
    txtPoll.Text = lego.Poll(SENVAL, SENSOR_1)
End Sub

Private Sub cmdPoll2_Click()
    'set input 2 to type selected from combo box 2
    lego.SetSensorType SENSOR_2, cboType2.ListIndex
    'return the result format as selected from the combo box
    lego.SetSensorMode SENSOR_2, cboMode2.ListIndex, 0
    'set text box to value of sensor 2
    txtPoll2.Text = lego.Poll(SENVAL, SENSOR_2)
End Sub

Private Sub cmdPoll3_Click()
    'set input 3 to type selected from combo box 3
    lego.SetSensorType SENSOR_3, cboType3.ListIndex
    'return the result format selected from teh combo box
    lego.SetSensorMode SENSOR_3, cboMode3.ListIndex, 0
    'set text box to value of sensor 3
    txtPoll3.Text = lego.Poll(SENVAL, SENSOR_3)
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
    'initialise the PC serial port
    lego.InitComm