 Robotics / 8490
Re: Homebrew rotation sensor idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:16:38 GMT

I'd also suspect this, having worked at a company that manufactured optical
encoders, most of these things are sinusoidal.  That is far from a bad thing
though.  If you build two of these and get them 90 degrees apart so you are
seeing both a sine and a cosine then you can easily sense direction and
interpolate to a high degree of accuracy.  Both are major improvements : )

David Paule wrote in message ...
Excellent idea!

I'd suspect that the relationship would be sinusoidal rather than linear, • but
who knows? If it is, it's a sine/cosine generator, too.