 Robotics / 8449
Re: Homebrew rotation sensor idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:37:43 GMT

I learned that general-purpose LEDs are NOT polarized.

Sone LEDs (laser diodes, don't know about others) are polarized in some
specific plane. It is possible to separate the horizontally polarized
component from the vertically polarized component and do things with that. The
plane orientation varies from one laser diode to another. I don't know if it
varies with power output.