 Promotional / 218
Re: 18" Ronald McDonald
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:44:45 GMT

In lugnet.promo, David Schilling writes:
Yesterday I was talking to a manager at one McDonalds who mentioned that you
can actually *buy* the 18" high Ronald McDonald models that are one of the
prizes.  While as a prize it is valued as $25, to purchase it costs $55.  It
is preassembled.  You have to order them before December 15th, and they will
be delivered sometime next spring.  (April?  May?  I can't remember.)  It is
possible that only McDonalds employees can do this, but this manager was
friendly enough to offer to get me one if I wanted.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Nope.  It's a neat idea, though.  Unfortunately, I'm quite certain
that preassembled=glued.  I can't see as how any Lego fans would be too
interested in that.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/