 Castle / 751
Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Thompson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jason Fabisch writes:
Thanks guys.  I made my decision to hold off for now and wait for some big
sales of some other older sets.  Maybe I will get 2 Witches Windships for the
dragons.  Its a 2 for the price of one, sale at only 4 bucks each.  Cool.

In my mind, you couldn't go wrong buying it, if you like the way
it looks, as long as it doesn't mean you're passing up some
other fantabulous set to spend that money.

You'd always be able to recoup your prices and sell it for what
you paid for, if not more.

I'd get it for the simple reason that it's not a half-bad set, a decent
design effort on the part of TLG, comes apart and can be put back
together in an interesting fashion, has interesting minifigs, a
really nifty building interior, and because it's an out-of-production
set at a good price, meaning you could turn around and sell it if
you build it and it doesn't please you.  Heck, I'd buy it from you
at cost if you don't like it ....

The recommendations to go by the large egyptian adventurer set
may be apt, since that set is on clearance at many Toys R Us stores
for just $10 more than the price you've found.  But I'd get the fright
knight set.  It's older, more likely to become hard to find, and you
may regret missing the opportunity.

Now, if you'd said "I dunno, it doesn't look that neat ... " I'd say
skip it, but it called out to you.  I think the set is a better
buy (particularly at that price) than others have been willing to
admit.  It's got it's share of "wow, cool" play factors built
into it - a trap with a cauldron (fill it with 1x1 transparent
rounds - death by jewels!) that can be dumped on people coming
to see the bat lord, a cool balcony where the bat lord can look
regal holding reign over his dominion, a cool altar / spell-casting
area for the witch, and a cool telescope up at the top of the tower.

   I definitely agree. I just bought the castle at the same price at KB in the
Natick Mall, and I like it a lot.
   I mean, I wouldn't say it's the coolest set I've ever seen, but it does
have all those cool stuff Jeff mentioned. And if you'd ever change your mind
about pieces, you'd regret missing out on those.

But of course, it's your choice.

:-)   Shiri