 Castle / 690
Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:09:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Fabisch writes:
Yeah, I like to just build them as display models every now and then.  My
apartment has very limited space(especially with the 8448 sitting on the top
shelf) and storage is an issue.  It looks really neat, but since I don't have
any others in its theme, I dunno.  I guess it could be an evil mountain
fortress for the Ninja sets.  Maybe the Huns or something.  Does it actually
do anything, lots of moving parts or whatnot?  Great for displaying?  I loved
the huge Ninja set.  That was pretty nice before the SW sets started flooding
out.

6097 doesn't have a lot of interesting bits.  There's a couple doors, and some
revolving wals, but it's really (IMHO) kinda boring for straight play value.
If all you're looking for is display/play, and not as a parts source - I would
suggest getting 5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins instead.  As a model, it's
nicer, has more stuff to do, and has recently been hitting the same kind of
discounting that 6097 has.

I've got several 6097's, but they're broken out for parts.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/