 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / *389 (-100)
  Re: Sealed Moonbase?

(...) Hi Adrian, Thanks for the suggestions! The force field thing is a nice idea! I appreciate the help. My old brain just isn't adapted to thinking in terms of outer space! My theme is pirates and I find myself feeling like a duck out of water in (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Sealed Moonbase?

Jamie Neufeld and I (among others I'm sure) have both used a force-field sort of double airlock technique in the past to avoid needing a double airlock to access the outside: (URL) Jamie's really cool used car lot) (URL) my Tycho Brahe hotel) For a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Sealed Moonbase?

(...) Hey Pat, It's my understanding that once the minifigs are inside the module, they are on some sort of life support system. No need for helmets there! If that's not the case, then most of my minifigs are going to die! hah! I don't have any in (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Sealed Moonbase?

Hey, here's a dumb question. Is the interior (corridors and the like) of the moonbase considered sealed from the outside? In other words, could respective minfigs walking about inside doff their helmets and airtanks without risking peril? The reason (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) OK, I'll bite. My 1st module is made up of three 15x15 gray baseplates arranged straight, but it does have three exits, all centered on their respective baseplates. The end baseplates have reeeaaally long corridors which lead into (or away (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) And mine is one one baseplate, 2 corridors (straight) and no monorail... ShawnG (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) Good question Laura! I'm wondering what kind of problems we might encounter in putting these together also. It might not be any trouble at all, but the monorail aspect has me confused. I've studied Pat's module and I'm not clear on how we are (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) The moonbase concept is such that you don't have to organize who's building what. The design of each should make it very easy to connect them together. However, a little organization never hurt anyone :-) Mine is on one large baseplate and has (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: More meeting questions (I'm excited)

(...) Yes. (...) We have many tables, but they're round. Chris is looking into getting non-round tables so they're easier to place side-by-side. I don't think we'll need as much table space as last time. If each of us brings a 15"x15" module, then (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  More meeting questions (I'm excited)

So we have a locked space for our stuff to sleep in overnight... Do we have unlimited tables? If not, how many do we have access to? We used about 20 last time (does that sound right?) The space module should take up a few, just because it's all (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) Should we start letting people know what size and # of corridors we have on our modules, so we can get a basic layout going, or should we just show up with modules and end caps and put it together on the spot? I vote for the first option, but (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  The Village of Dahyart

Ten years after it fell, the High Mage Greylen magically rebuilt the Tower of Olyian to suit his own needs. Not knowning it's true history, the people of Ikros began calling the tower "Greylen's Tower," and the name stuck. As Greylen's power and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !

  Re: Official Location For March 15th Meeting

(...) Hey Pat, That's where I'll be staying! I made reservations already. I settled for this motel because I couldn't find one with a Karaoke Bar! ;) Did you guys reserve the presidential suite? I askded for it, but it was already booked! I'm (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Official Location For March 15th Meeting

Excellent; thanks TJ and Chris. To ALL Out-of-Towners: NEWSFLASH: I went to (URL) has a convenient link to the local Super 8 motel in League City right on IH-45 S; Mapquest says that it is only 1.77 miles to the Senior Center from the motel. Super 8 (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Official Location For March 15th Meeting

Some official details for the TexLUG spring 2003 meeting: Location: Senior's Harbor Adult Daycare 700 Second Street League City, TX 77573 Dates: March 15 & 16, 2003 (Saturday & Sunday) Times: TBA (generally, all day Saturday and Sunday 'til early (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) Hehe... well, the DO actually server a 'meatless' hamburger. Literally. It's a hambuger, all the fixins, sans meat patty. They also serve a few non-hamburger entres, but I've never had any of them, nor can I remember off the top of my head (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) Hey Anthony, They wouldn't happen to have a "veggie" burger by any chance? Otherwise, I may have to make my own expedition to another spot or order out! :P not to be taken too seriously.. Tom (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Some Motels

(...) Thanks, Pat! Very helpful, and very appreciated. I'll let y'all know just as soon as I hear from Chris and get more details about the meeting. thanks, TJ (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) The meeting should be the weekend of March 15th. Chris knows this and has been talking to people at his church about it. (as far as I know). Anyway, the 15th is the plan! :-) (...) Cool. Sounds good. We'll let you lead the group on an eating (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Some Motels

OK, here's what I found out: Using TJ's handy map located at (URL) following are nearby: Best Western La Porte Inn 705 Highway 146 South La Porte, TX 77571 281-471-4040 Fax: 281-470-9191 Best Western NASA 889 West Bay Area Boulevard Webster, TX (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event

(...) Er...yeah, what Tom said. No, no, TJ...if I had meant "rude" I would have said "TJ, you are being rude" or some facsimile thereof. I did feel like us anxious, paranoid folks were being given the runaround...but not the deliberate kind, more (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event

(...) Hey TJ, I don't think anyone is blaming you! There's no need to apologize. We're just trying to prod Chris into getting on the ball. I know how easy it is to be caught up other things and to put off things that don't fit high on your priority (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) I know nothing of where the meeting is, but I can add my two cents. Where Space Center Blvd. and Nasa Road 1 (also known as 528) intersect is the Hilton now made famous by a certain woman, certain cheating man, and a certain Mercedes. Further (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) :-) I hate feeling of helplessness as we wait for Chris to get back to us. So, perhaps this helps, or perhaps not, but Chris did say this in the beginning: " It is about 5 miles from NASA and the Visitor's Center. 5 miles away from the Kemah (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event

(...) My apologies for this taking so long. Unfortunatly, Chris is the only one who knows this information. You have posted here requesting it, and I have emailed him with the same requests. I'm sorry for sounding rude or inconsiderate, but I'm (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event

(...) Okay, I'm going to side with Pat and ask why can't we just get the address for the meeting place for now? There's been plenty of time to provide that information. I emailed Chris telling him that we were after some information when Pat first (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event

(...) Hey, no harm in asking...again. Your words seem to brim with annoyance, as if I was little junior interrupting Daddy's big meeting. Make no mistake; I have been patient since January 23 when I stuck my neck out and asked this question, which (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

(...) Be patient. Chris is working on it and will advise as soon as he can. (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event

You Houston folks please pay heed: We Texas residents outside the city of Houston need some information concerning hotels nearest the site where we are having our weekend meeting. Preferably, a single post or an update to the TEXLUG site detailing (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

(...) Whew! Thanks Pat for giving me a green light. I'll get back to my building now and hopefully will be able to finish something in time for our meeting. I thought I had read the instuctions correctly, but I got to second guessing myself and got (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?

Tom, you need not worry. You ask: (...) The official Moonbase Project (Jon Palmer et al.) website answers: "Its very important that you understand that a module can be ANYTHING you want. As long as it's corridor is lined up properly and its at least (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  A Question Concerning Space Modules?

Hi All, As we get closer to our meeting date in March, I'm busy at work trying to get a module or two done for the get-together! It suddenly dawned on me that I may be on the wrong track with what I am putting together. So I have a question to ask: (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

My tribute: (URL) Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H9o0wo.E9u@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) LEGO, (...) anyone for (...) post (...) even (...) week and (...) why do (...) around (...) other (...) NASA (...) rockets (...) and (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

(...) I don't have much to add. I loved your statement, but others have said that. But I do want to say that it is good that you made it here. This Lego fan community is really so much more sometimes. I am glad you decided to share it with us. I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Well, I can't say much more than what was said already. Very well put, I gotta admire the way you can put your thoughts down like that. Thanks for the writing, and may God bless them, their families, and the rest of us who still have dreams to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Well said. Thank you. (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

(...) This was a very good post. Love your Ikros story too, btw. I agree with the essence of what you said about death - most deaths are cause for sadness, but some are tradgedies that exact additional anguish on our souls. I do disagree with you - (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

Hi, I rarely follow lugnet discussions as I am busy with other things/hobbies, such as nursing my three children back to health this weekend. However, the continued stream of messages on this thread did finally cause me to look at one of the images (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

(...) Thanks for providing a little about what the images mean to you. It's a different interpretation than the immediate one that came to my mind upon seeing them. In case anyone was wondering, my immediate reaction to the images was to take them (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

(...) Thanks much. I really don't know what else to say as a reply, but thanks. I am glad my message has touched as many people has it has. (...) I can understand where you might see something in the pictures that I did not intend. I was not trying (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

(...) First, I have to add my voice to the chorus of praise for your original post, you were wrong when you said the sentiments would be a dime a dozen. Many of use feel the way you do, but few of us are as articulate about it as you were, and I (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

(...) Whoa..big generalization there concerning the atheist remark. I don't think that Brendan was making any comments about the existence of a higher being or the lack thereof, but as to what the picture literally depicted. And I can see his (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Anthony, Thank you for writing this. I so agree, and am glad there are others out there who think this way. Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

No offence, but this is the answer I would expect from an athiest. Anthony, your images are wonderful in the way they show your belief in a higher being, and since faith is differant to everyone, this could only be comforting to you, and that is (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  RE: I couldn't sleep so...

I don't find anything wrong with them. I rather find them somewhat comforting, to think that... shall we say... a higher power, was with them at the time of the tragedy. Tamy www.tanarth.com -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: I couldn't sleep so...

Hi, Anthony. First let me say that that I was moved by your words about the space shuttle astronauts and heroism. It is of some comfort to be reminded during a tragedy like this that these people's hopes and dreams will survive even though they (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  I couldn't sleep so...

I made these two pictures. I hope I don't offend anyone by posting these. Feel free to save em or use em or whatever. (URL) they're too inappropriate, please tell me and I'll remove them. --Anthony (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TJ and Chris, Here Are 2 Attendees

(...) Well put me on that list! I'll be down there with one little Moonbase mod. Although I havn't posted in awhile I've keep up with whats happining daily. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last meeting but for most of last year (due to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

A dime a dozen such posts are NOT. Give yourself some friggin' credit man, this is one of the most articulate posts I've ever seen. I agree with you on every point. I think you captured perfectly the nature of this situation. Take care, Soren (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

What can I say? You managed to sum up everthing I felt about this in one nice and neat package. Thanks for taking the time to share this message with us. -Orion (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Well said indeed. I'm reminded of an old song that ask "Why do you have to die to be a hero?" If this tradedy hadn't happen most people in the U.S. wouldn't of known or cared about this mission. It's sad to think that only something so disastrous (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

A very thoughtful and well-written message. Thank you. Bruce (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

(...) I'm glad that you wrote this. I feel very much the same way. Thanks. Joe Meno (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Well said. Thank you, Anthony. My prayers and thoughts are with those who died today, their families, and all affected by this tragedy. -TJ (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Dreams will never die

Hear, Hear. You have brought me to tears. Thanks for that great, heartwarming message. Jeremy (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Dreams will never die

I felt compelled to say this, I know that messages like this are a dime a dozen, so I really don't expect to be heard. I felt compelled to say what is in my heart regardless. I would have put this in an Off-topic, since it really doesn't relate to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.org.us.texlug) !!

  TEXLUG Info Lookin' Good

(...) <SNIP> (...) Works just fine. Thanks for putting this info on the TEXLUG site. Pat (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG Info Lookin' Good

(...) <SNIP> (...) Works just fine. Thanks for putting this info on the TEXLUG site. Pat (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Moonbase Pics Are Up

(...) I think you've done everything already! I've updated the planning page with a few details, and a link back to your post. (URL) hope this is sufficient in directing people to the right information. LMKWYT (...) Congrats!!! I see your LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) Great Chris! It sounds like a nice place for us to use! Thanks for the information and thanks for arranging this for us. I look forward to being there! Tom (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Moonbase Pics Are Up

(...) -SNIP- (...) Hi Pat, Thanks for the pics! Congratulations on your job! I haven't determined exactly how my modules are going to pan out. Incorporating the monorail turns out to be a little harder than I originally thought. You almost have to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) My pleasure! (...) I will make secure arrangements by the first part of next week (Feb. 3ish) for the March 15, 16 dates. We can have full use of the entire facility on Sat. as early or late as needed. Sunday might be a little more restricted (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) "But, they access it very little." I didn't finish the sentence above when I first postied the message. Again, The study clears out of the facility by 1:00pm Sunday. After they leave, the front door can be locked for added security if needed. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) Yes, there are 2 large rooms and 2 offices that can be locked by only 2 keys. My wife has one of the keys. Not a problem at all. These 2 rooms will be completely ours for the weekend. Starting/quitting anytime. I think the library is also (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: The TexLUG Logo(s)

Congratulations, Anthony and Laura! Pat (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Moonbase Pics Are Up

OK, I have some preliminary pictures of my super-module. This is NOT any attempt by me to flaunt or brag of my efforts. These are mostly for Tom, to show placement of the monorail track in relation to the module. Also, this is a work in progress. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  The TexLUG Logo(s)

The logo contest has concluded. Unfortunately, the judges couldn't decide on only one. You'll just have to read more: (URL) to all who participated! Your entries were great. Special thanks to Anthony Sava and Laura Hayden for your contributions. -TJ (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TJ and Chris, Here Are 2 Attendees

(...) ditto... Tom Reed (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) Hi Chris, Thanks for getting permission to use this facility! I certainly plan on attending where ever we meet. I think I would prefer to go down to the Nasa area rather than deal with the medical center area in Houston. I can't help but think (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TJ and Chris, Here Are 2 Attendees

(...) Count me in, too. Laura (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TJ and Chris, Here Are 2 Attendees

Hi, Chris. You may put down the following on your "Will Show" list: Pat Hough (myself) Mark Bagnall (I can speak for Mark) TJ you may want to start a list too. Pat (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) Great! Thanks for arranging this. (...) I'm not sure what to decide. Matt Sailors hasn't responded yet, but people are anxious to nail down a date and place. I guess the best thing to do is to proceed with your plans and make arrangements. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

Hello everyone, We are free to use the facility. We have it to ourselves all Saturday. I will still need to check to see if we may use to Gym on the days planned for the meeting. One thing... The church uses one room (the large one next to a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TexLUG Email List

I signed up for the email list today. Pat PS: Module almost done. Pics soon. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TexLUG Email List

Howdy, We now have a mailing list set up for TexLUG! If you wish to receive special and important messages about TexLUG, you can subscribe. It's quick, easy, and free. You can subscribe and unsubscribe at any time you wish. For more details, please (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Tactical Won't Function and Shields Will Be Useless

(...) It works fine, Chris. As they say in Orwell's 1984, "Now we can see you." (...) Excellent. More than a match for poor Enterprise. Congratulations to you folks and your son. Yes, I would appreciate hotel information, not so much in the "Rock (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

Maybe posting will work for me today....? So, I'm posting to see if it does work and to provide an update. My Wife and I have been planning our son's baptism for this Sunday. I will have secured the space by Sunday evening. The area around NASA is (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Time is a fuse and it's burning

(...) Thanks for pointing this out Pat. I forget how quickly time slips by. It's still January 1999, right? ;-) (...) I have not heard anything back from Matt or Chris just yet. I know Matt mentioned last year that he and his wife would be expecting (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Time is a fuse and it's burning

All: We need to buckle down and decide what we're going to do. By my count, March 1 is just 37 days off. That's just over 5 weeks. Thanks to Chris and Matt for making offers to host. So, where do we host our event? Also, for those of us who will be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) Hi Tom. You're right about the monorail. Actually we could get creative if the track curves didn't have such a large radius. As it is, however, what you are suggesting is precisely what I ended up doing with my super-module. Using the standard (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) Hi Pat, I've been trying to figure out this monorail stuff in conjuction with the modules and here is something to consider on top of what we already talked about. The ramp parts consist of two parts that take the monorail up (or down) a set (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring 2003 Meeting Planning

This is from Chris. He's not able to post just yet, and asked me to post for him. From: Christopher Richard Smith <jodokast@earthlink.net> Hi Everyone, I've been a little busy for the last few months. New Baby Boy and 12 1/2 hour shifts updating the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring 2003 Meeting Planning

(...) Just like the previous meeting, there will be a main layout (this time space) and room for other bits that people want to show off. I will be bringing my watermill, as well as anything I can throw together to add to the space layout. I don't (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring 2003 Meeting Planning

I want to make sure I grasp the theme of the meeting, the main being space, and there will be no train layout and no town, but i can bring my bigger and better crane. steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) Good call. How about the same height as the corridors, that is, eight bricks off the ground, but only if the track is "interacting" with the module in some way; for example, my super-module is going to be a combination of a monorail depot and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) -snip- (...) Hey Pat, I'm all for figuring out a specific guideline on the monorails, but I thought of some other ideas to consider. One is: What height should we have the tracks at? The corridor doors are elevated, so should we put the tracks (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

(...) TJ, you can bet your a..er, life that I'll be doing all these things before March 1. Last night (well...2AM) I constructed my first successful moonbase connecting corridor that conforms to all Project Moonbase (PM) standards! Yay!! BTW, My (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Spring Meeting and Moonbase Modules

Howdy all, I think most of us will be constructing moonbase modules for the upcoming spring 2003 meeting (in early March). Just a reminder, we'll be adhering to the guidelines set forth in the moonbase project: (URL) sure to check this out before (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

(...) Okay, that's two for "not the last weekend in March". I'm still trying to arrange something for early March. The last weekend is definitely out. I'll look at the first 3 weekends (1st, 8th, & 15th). Plan for that, I'm sure it's a good (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

(...) Ditto on the last weekend! That's my birthday weekend in Vegas! haha I can guarantee I won't be available then. (...) Sorry Laura! But if I revealed that information, I would have to kill myself for telling! Also, it wouldn't do any good this (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

(...) Please, please not the last weekend in March! My parents just bought tickets to come visit then, and something tells me they wouldn't understand if I say I have to go to Houston to play... I also would like to be able to plan ahead and know (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

(...) -snip- (...) Hey Pat, Count on me to bring some monorail stuff! I have a huge assortment of track, etc.! I'm planning on incorporating it into my module as well! I'd like to see if we couldn't set up maybe two tracks interweaving so we can (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes: -snip- (...) Hey TJ, I would sure like it if we could come up with a tentative date! Is this going to be a two day thing or a one day? I will more than likely need to try and get off work somehow. If I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

Tom, TJ, et al... Glad someone finally re-kindled discussion on this subject. My view is the same as it always has been: We meet wherever the majority of this group says we will meet, be it Matt's workplace cafeteria, Boeing, NI, someone's house, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...

(...) Bssschhh.... Aaagghhh!!! Worms!!! Worms!!! Hi Tom, glad you asked. Yes, there will be a meeting this spring and planning is underway. Or rather, *was* underway. Sorry, the holidays interfered with my Legoing abilities. I haven't heard from (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Opening Up a Can of Worms...

Hi everybody, I don't know why I'm doing this, but let's just say that I have a masochistic streak in me! What I want to know is whether there are "any plans", at all, towards a meeting in March (or Springtime) of this year? I know we got into a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TexLUG Logo Contest Ends

The end of the year is upon us and so is the end of the logo contest. Thank you to all who submitted entries. They can all be seen here: (URL) you still have a couple of hours before the end, so if there's a great logo you've got in mind, send it (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Help me name Ikros!!

Well, not my story's country, Ikros. But my story, the Chronicles of Ikros As some of you may already know, I am going to attempt to publish currently web-finished story. I'm not ready to send it off to any companies yet, but while I was working on (...) (21 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.publish.html)

  A new website with a bonus! New Movie!

I am pleased to announce the release of a brand new website. For those of you who are fans of The Chronicles of Ikros, this website will contain the sequel to that story. And for those of you who enjoyed viewing my previous two introduction movies, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.publish)

  Robotics Academy in Houston

Howdy! I've just learned of a robotics program right here in Houston. Check it out: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact