 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 364
Re: Hotel Information Needed...eventually...for TEXLUG Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:24:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Be patient. Chris is working on it and will advise as soon as he can.

Hey, no harm in asking...again. Your words seem to brim with annoyance, as
if I was little junior interrupting Daddy's big meeting. Make no mistake; I
have been patient since January 23 when I stuck my neck out and asked this
question, which at first didn't seem like a high-tension issue, but then
again I don't live in Houston.

When I initially put forth this question, the meeting was originally
scheduled for March 1 and was five weeks away. The meeting is now scheduled
for March 15 and is less than four weeks away. Please excuse me for
requesting some kind of update after over three weeks of non-news.

See, here's my basic concern (and BTW, I speak only for myself); the area
around NASA in Houston is a major business center. Hence, it is reasonable
to assume that the availability of quality (m/h)otel rooms in that area
becomes lower as the interval between the time one makes a reservation and
the time one actually checks in grows shorter.

Hell, just provide the address of the place we're going to meet; that's all.
I fully and genuinely understand if folks are too busy with work and family
to provide information to the group on a regular basis. As a person with
only one of these things to worry about, I can use my trusty Rand-McNally
map of Houston and the Internet to get local hotel info with just the
address of our meeting place. I can then post this info to the group. I'm
offering my assistance if you will have it...the whole thing should take me
less than a day to research.

Pat
Okay, I'm going to side with Pat and ask why can't we just get the address
for the meeting place for now?  There's been plenty of time to provide that
information.  I emailed Chris telling him that we were after some
information when Pat first posted his request (4 days ago).  There hasn't
been any reply except to "be patient".  How many days doesn it take to get
an address?  All we want is a location so we can make reservations ahead of
time.  Is that too much to ask?  I offered to help out in getting this
information to the members, but I've heard nothing.  Come on people!  This
doesn't look good!  There are people more than willing to help out if need
be.  Let's get something going...please!
Tom