 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 366
Re: Hotel Information Needed Now for TEXLUG Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:16:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
You Houston folks please pay heed:
yada...yada...yada...

:-)

I hate feeling of helplessness as we wait for Chris to get back to us. So,
perhaps this helps, or perhaps not, but Chris did say this in the beginning:

" It is about 5 miles from NASA and the Visitor's Center.  5 miles away from
the Kemah Boardwalk.  20+ minutes to downtown Houston.  30 minutes from
Galveston and the Moody Gardens.  Several nice and standard Hotels in the area"

Check this out:
http://www.texlug.org/map.gif

Looks like Nasa (they gray area on the map) and Kemah (the dot marked
"Kemah") are about 5 miles apart. The 77058 zip code (Nasa area) is roughly
31.5 miles from Galveston. Therefore, my amazing powers of deduction (total
sarcasm) tell me that the Meeting Place is somewhere slightly south of the bay.

Anyways, I'd guess that a hotel close to the Space Center would probably do
you good.

1601 NASA Road 1, Houston, TX 77058
http://www.spacecenter.org/

My apologies, again. I'm afraid that's all the information I can squeeze out
of the situation.

-TJ (who's weekend starts NOW!)