 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 385
Re: A Question Concerning Space Modules?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 04:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/ideas/

So, I was just wondering...

Should we start letting people know what size and # of corridors we have on
our modules, so we can get a basic layout going, or should we just show up
with modules and end caps and put it together on the spot?

I vote for the first option, but that may be just because I like organization...

To get things started:
My module has 2 corridors (L-shaped) and is on one grey baseplate.
Laura

OK, I'll bite.

My 1st module is made up of three 15x15 gray baseplates arranged straight,
but it does have three exits, all centered on their respective baseplates.
The end baseplates have reeeaaally long corridors which lead into (or away
from) the center baseplate, which features the main building and a third
exit perpendicular to the other two. Therefore, up to three other modules
could hook into that one.

My 2nd module is set on one 15x15 baseplate and is "L" shaped like Laura's.

I am contemplating a third if I get enough material together.

I wouldn't worry too much about the presence of the monorail. As Tom said,
the best we could probably hope for is to have the monorail end at one point
on the entire complex and leave it at that. Since my first module above
already has track built in, all Tom or whoever is connecting to the
perpendicular exit would have to do is leave room for a single piece of
track. We can use my big module as a launching point.

View it at:

BTW, that back section that was mostly blue and sitting on a fourth base
plate has gone away. I saved the control tower and the landing pads but I
needed the other parts. It will still serve its purpose, and will be much
easier to transport to Houston.

Pat