 Castle / 15333
15332  |  15334
Subject:
Help me name Ikros!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.publish.html
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:29:04 GMT

Well, not my story's country, Ikros.

But my story, the Chronicles of Ikros

As some of you may already know, I am going to attempt to publish currently
web-finished story.  I'm not ready to send it off to any companies yet, but
while I was working on it, I realized it needs a knew name.

You see, my sequel story, "Ikros: Chaos Skies", has a relatively marketable
name, it fits the story (though you wouldn't know it since the story isn't
public) and has in my opinion a relative 'cool' factor.

But "The Chronicles of Ikros" is just not as marketable.  Look at successfully
published books and you'll see what I mean.  "Jurrasic Park," "The Lord of the
Rings," "The Dragon Riders of Pern"  to name a few.

Book titles really need to be something that makes the book stand out in a book
shelf.  Something that draws the eye and mind to that book.  They, of course,
also tend to be related to the theme or plot of the book. ;)

So here is your chance to help my book.  Help me name my book!  Fans and
non-fans are welcomed to participate.

Here are a few title's I've thought of:

1. -Champion of Ikros- (Garalt, of course)
2. -IKROS- (short and sweet)
3. -Rise of the Gastiel- (Garalt again)
4. -Dawn of the Immortal War-  (wrapped up in a title used only in the sequel)
5. -Convergance of the Immortals-  (not QUITE on-plot but 'cool' IMO)
6. -The Chronicles of Ikros-  (some of you may think the old title is peachy)

Like any of these?  Have a better suggestion***?  Is there already a book by
one of my titles?  TELL ME! :)  Reply to this post and give your opinion.

Will you win anything?  No.

Will I pay you or give you anything?  No.

Should you ever expect me or my bloodline to ever give you anything for helping
me out with a story title?  No.

Will you gain anything?  If I use the title you liked, or if I use a title you
suggest***, you'll have the bragging rights to say 'I helped name that book!'
-ahem- assuming it's deemed worthy enough to even publish.

And THANKS! in advance.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

***If any suggestion for a story title is given, the person giving his or her
suggested story title gives up all rights to that story title if it is used to
title my book.  That person will not recieve any compensation for their
contribution for naming my book.  Basically folks, if I use your title, I'm not
gonna pay you for it, either with money, favors, services or objects.  Let's be
fair here, I wrote the book and I'm not rich.  This is only a poll for ideas,
NOTHING MORE!