 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17068
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:47:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.build.mecha, Eric Sophie wrote:

e,

You know I've been one of your biggest fans, and am a proponent of keeping
things civil and peaceful, but, as some others have stated, this post does go
against the ToU.  Specifically--

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/agreement

11. (do not) Post auction announcements, updates, or listings (“auction spam”)
in discussion groups which do not explicitly welcome their presence. If you are
unsure whether auction spam is appropriate in a given discussion group, check
the group’s descriptive charter. If the discussion group’s charter does not
explicitly say that auction postings are allowed in the group, then such posts
are not welcome. Currently, the only LUGNET discussion group which allows
auction spam is lugnet.market.auction, which was established specifically for
auctions.

Even if you set the FUT to .auction, the original post was posted to other
newsgroups.  The mecha group doesn't explicitly welcome auction posts (that I've
seen).

Dave K