 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17105
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:26:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ross Crawford wrote:
   They are not explicitly unwelcome in any group charters (that I’m aware of). The unwelcomeness in any particular group is implicit (not explicit) from the overall site TOS, unless explicitly welcomed in the group charter (which is not the case in .build.mecha).

I finally had to go back and read the particular TOS. I had assumed that auction spam was flat-out forbidden; it appears that a group can in theory allow such posts (although I have no idea how this would be decided upon).

Check out .org.au

In mentioning this though, I realise the .loc.au charter doesn’t explicitly allow such postings, so there are probably many TOS violations in that group, not to mention the sidebar. Hmmmm. Maybe time to get the charter changed. If possible.

ROSCO

IIRC the .org hierarchy was partially set up as a place where people could offer things for sale to their local area. I can remember that years ago a certain Australian got banned from posting for advertising sales in .loc.au but was then allowed back when they posted them to .org.au

Tim