 Off-Topic / Debate / 27720
Re: Awww (was: IRON MECHA...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 04:37:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Soren Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn wrote:

   I have to agree with L.F. Braun.

Crass, rude, and NOT kid-friendly.

If children young enough to be harmed by that image actually read lugnet in meaningful numbers I will eat a hat. With your choice of garnishes.

Soren, one is a meaningful number where that is concerned. But the bad-taste quotient in general was really my particular lament--not having children or being an actual small child, I’ll leave that outrage to those who may.

   Paul Sinasohn speaking only for myself.

I appreciate your concern, but I find it interesting that you would complain about a mildly sarcastic reference to a body part which I find beautiful and natural, and not to Sophie’s repeated and laughable threats of physical violence in this same thread. I consider those far more harmful to children.

I think you’re missing something. The point is that those other threats being broached are not only being addressed with due unction, but they’re also not especially surprising. The crux of my comment was that I expect better from you, from a knowledge of your posting history. Just because someone’s out there making threats and acting badly does not mean that it’s suddenly OK to be just a little less crass.

While I accept, sadly, that some denizens of these waters seem to be unable to control themselves, it really bothers me much, much more when someone I have a very positive impression of stoops to such a level. Otherwise, what would be the point of fussing?

best

LFB