 LEGO Company / 992
Re: AFOLs - The comic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:55:18 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Many, many props for the efforts to bring this into existence! It’s exciting to see Greg’s career grow!

The comic is really, really fun... it’s great poke at ourselves and it needs to be produced. However, I feel I need to build on Leonard’s comments, but in a broader sense.

I don’t want to come off as being too critical, but I am struck that...
  • Considering the original intent of this publication, this is how we as AFOLs will be represented internally within the Lego company. I don’t think this gives us or our concerns credibility and only serves to further a negative stereotype that may or may not already exist.

  • As for distribution of the comic to the general public, these are all inside jokes and not a good way to make fans, in as much as it does in making friends. If this is Lego’s hope (to make fans), then it would be better served to use the money to help Todd publish and distribute his book... which is a better testament to the AFOL community.
IMHO.

-Jim