 LEGO Company / 975
Re: AFOLs - The comic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:38:26 GMT

-snip-

Indeed! I am happy to see that this has been done, and would love to see it continued!

oh yes, and GREG HYLAND IS THE COOLEST ARTIST EVER!!

i met him at bf03, and talked with him much, and i respected him both as a fellow artist (i do photography) and as a fellow AFOL.

Regarding the “negative” comics dealing with the color change - there are quite a few of these, but I don’t think they should be removed entirely. negative jokes like these can create a sense of brotherhood by creating the “us vs them” situation - especially the part about color change brought castle and space together. ive seen a similiar situation at classic-castle, the newbie castlers there love being able to shout insults at spacers.

I mean, lets face it, people love insulting other people, and having a common, nameless, faceless (guiltless) person to insult is a wonderful way to pull people together. :)

-lenny