 LEGO Company / 1026
Re: AFOLs - The comic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:45:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, David Laswell wrote:
   Lack of impact on the latter is a pathetic argument for abandoning the former.

I never suggested abandoning the effort, just that perhaps a comic isn’t the most effective means of doing it. And that doesn’t mean the comic shouldn’t exist either, just not as a propaganda tool. All this talk of ‘tailoring it to different people’s needs’ will only stifle any humour in it. I say let the author make whatever jokes he wishes, comment on whatever he finds funny at the time without worrying about whether or not it’ll ‘wake the sleepers’.

The things that’ll wake the sleepers are things like Club shows, Brickshelf, Lugnet, cool set designs, and meeting other afols that are part of the community. Using a comic for this seems like a lot of effort for marginal returns.

Cheers,

Allister