 LEGO Company / 1009
Re: AFOLs - The comic!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:26:32 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Dean Husby wrote:
   I am, however, rather offended that the artist feels it funny to joke about the colour change. That’s a pretty sore spot with most of us and some of the comics just bring back all that anger and frustration that is making some of us rethink out LEGO habit.

As something that was intended primarily for an audience within The LEGO Company, I think it was entirely appropriate. There have been a lot of rabid rants on this subject, and they’ll get ignored pretty quickly as soon as it’s obvious what they are. There have been calm and rational explanations for why it was a bad choice, and the first dozen or so might get some attention, but after a while they just tend to melt together and dribble out of your ears. Making it humorous practically guarantees lasting attention, and that’s what we want. If management never realizes how much this affects us, they’ll never correct it. Right now I suspect they’re thinking of it solely in terms of building stuff strictly by the instructions, which goes against everything the LEGO System stands for, and this looks like just the thing to shake them up a bit.