 LEGO Company / 978
Re: AFOLs - The comic! ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:

I've posted this draft to get your feedback. We'd love to hear your thoughts
on the comics, or ideas for strips we may have missed. What other types of
information can we put in along with the comics to help pull in the
"Sleepers"?

Jake,
I like the comic. I think it is a good idea. Whilst reading it, I thought of a
few more strip ideas:

A AFOL meeting a family, and having more to talk about with the 8 year old kid
than with the parents.

Sigfigs (minifigs that look like you)

Cofigs (minfigs that look like co-workers, co-habitants)

H.O.G.

Speaking almost entirely in set numbers/acronyms.

TRS employees that know you by name. Or AFOL's that know TRS delivery schedules.

Bank card agents that know you by name.

Tent sales and buying/borrowing a car based on net interior space.

BS pictures to prove you actually DID buy a gazillion copies of that set.

Lego widows aka NLSO's

The abundance of Minifig females.

The extreme safety of Legoland due to the over-population of Police & Fire
units.

Train shows with lots of grand buildings and wonderful trains, and the only
thing they talk about is the video/pictures of the train wreck.

"I didn't know Lego made trains."

Two household Lego collections: one for 'the kids', and one for 'the adults'.

Bribing the local/your own kids to help you sort.

Disassembling Technic.

Pronouncing Bionicle.

Your mother/coworker discovering that single Lego SW set you bought and built
just for olde times sake.

Taking the kids to Legoland, and spending all your time gawking at Miniland.

Not realizing 'Lego' is Danish.

Dark ages.

Finding your olde collection tucked away at your parent's flat.

Seeing a set and fondly remembering your first.

Stepping on a Lego brand building brick.

Hope that helps,
Clark