 General / 8108
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:23:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Yes, thanks Julie!

Now I guess it's time to discuss what to do with the leftover money.
Turkey's need is desperate, but in the interim there have been a number
of other disasters!

Julie has the leftover money but it's not fair to keep asking her to do
the work, perhaps another volunteer?

I've done a little poking around towards donating to Hurricane Floyd
victims. There is a local charity, Operation Toybox, which does toys
formed a few years ago by a local high school student (see
http://www.redcross.org/triangle/toybox/) which we can probably work
with to handle the actuall distribution (unless someone else in NC has
time to do distribution). If I don't end up spending this weekend doing
clean up, I could make a shopping trip (the Danville VA TRU had a _ton_
of older Freestyle and brick buckets a few weeks ago, possibly I could
talk them into a discount).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com