 General / 7277
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:18:19 GMT

Op een zekere dag, te weten Wed, 1 Sep 1999 21:50:45 GMT, klom Larry
Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> in het toetsenbord en schreef ons:

My sense is that changing the target donation is something that most or
all of the donors need to be in consensus on, but I personally think
it's a good idea.

I have heard from a number of donors, but not all. All so far are in
favor.
I just donated the sets and shipping, I didn't see any money. But you can
count me in.

I have spoken to Consumer Affairs about this and I need to call the
Enfield PR dept tomorrow. Anyone have shipping connections to get the
stuff there cheaper?
Just the fact that Vienna in Austria is the closest western Capital to
Turkey. I think that between here and Turkey the Lego is more expensive.
Theoretical, the shipping should be cheaper than from other European
countries or the USA.

I asked in my company, but there are very rare trucks driving directly into
Turkey.   8-(
I also tried to call Lego Austria (to order something for someone in
Canada...), but they were on holiday this week. I will ask them again after
the oncoming weekend. When 'we' get the money for the Lego, maybe we can get
them to pay the shipping. Would give them a good name, too....

I'll come back on this on monday.

Ardjan

-----
Ardjan's YALP (Yet Another Lego Page) at
http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a8705125/ardjan