 General / 8113
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:30:12 GMT

<37EF50F8.31BEE0F7@voyager.net> <37F212C3.7A79@mindspring.com>

This seems like a good idea to me. Floyd seems to have caught people
really off guard and flooded areas no one in their right mind would
expect to be flooded.

Frank Filz wrote:

I've done a little poking around towards donating to Hurricane Floyd
victims. There is a local charity, Operation Toybox, which does toys
formed a few years ago by a local high school student (see
http://www.redcross.org/triangle/toybox/) which we can probably work
with to handle the actuall distribution (unless someone else in NC has
time to do distribution). If I don't end up spending this weekend doing
clean up, I could make a shopping trip (the Danville VA TRU had a _ton_
of older Freestyle and brick buckets a few weeks ago, possibly I could
talk them into a discount).

lugnet.