 Local / United Kingdom / 1154
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 16:45:10 GMT

Is it worth us trying to do something at the Legofest for this?
I'd imagine shipping from the UK to Turkey will be cheaper than
shipping from the USA to Turkey so it might make sense for those
of us who want to to bring something to LegoFest then someone
send everything to Selcuk from there, rather than any of us trying to
send money or stuff over to the States first.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

I was thinking.  A while back many of us participated in an auction (Gary • Louie
Memorial Auction) to raise money for expressly that reason-- to provide • Lego
for children in need.  I think the plan was to give the money to a Ronald
McDonald house in CA, USA.  Why not use the money to buy Lego for these • kids
instead? (if it hasn't already been dispersed)  Perhaps others who didn't
participate in the auction would consider a donation to the fund, and the • sum
could be used to buy sets and then sent to Selçuk.  Perhaps Target, Zany, • or
another retailer would be willing to mark down the sets as a donation to • make
the money stretch further.  Just a thought.

-John