 General / 7712
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:46:51 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Well, we've had a couple of days to mull this over. Some good
suggestions have been made, but my vote is to go the Ziplock bag route
for non returnable items... return the rest and send the remaining money
directly to Selçuk. But to a certain extent, that is a lot more work for
Julie so I'd tend to want to get her agreement.

Yes, returning what I can is not a problem...just gives me another excuse to go to
the stores and see what's on the shelves :-)

I think I will snap together the Duplo that I opened , in order to get more into
one box.

Too bad there's no birthday party planned for this weekend...."ok, kids, whoever
puts together their pile of bricks the quickest
gets first prize, second fastest second prize and on down the line".

I could  do this with my 5 & 9 year old. I think more could fit  in a box put
together than loose, no?
It shouldn't take too long too to snap together +7000 bricks.
It won't look as pretty when Selcuk gets it, but he could always take a few
minutes to bust them up.

As always....thoughts are welcome.
Julie