 General / 7447
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:43:55 GMT

I'll put out a more general call... ***IS*** there someone who could
take on the actual shopping and shipping part of this? I need to know
right away. Ideally it would be a person who had access to a good
selection of Primo, Duplo and freestyle/basic blocks at good prices
(perhaps someone who worked at WalMart or Meijer or whatever that could
get a discount).

It would be helpful if that person had a big enough credit card that
they could wait till my check arrived to be covered,  but could shop
now.

TLG is not returning my calls at this point so I think that avenue is
dead.

If no one else does, I will try to do so thursday. (I am flying out to
Cleveland tomorrow afternoon, it will have to wait til I get back) I
could use good advice about what stores are running sales right now.
(1/4 primo, 1/4 Duplo and 2/4 basic/freestyle was what S recommends)

I'll put in another 100 to make it a nice round 1000 to be spent on toys
AND the shipping, to the address Selcuk gave. (I agree, having him do
the right thing personally makes me feel more secure than trusting a
quasi government agency) IF someone else does it. If not, it will only
be 900. :-)

lugnet.