 General / 8140
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 13:55:20 GMT

<37EF50F8.31BEE0F7@voyager.net> <37F212C3.7A79@mindspring.com>

Frank Filz wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Yes, thanks Julie!

Now I guess it's time to discuss what to do with the leftover money.
Turkey's need is desperate, but in the interim there have been a number
of other disasters!

Julie has the leftover money but it's not fair to keep asking her to do
the work, perhaps another volunteer?

I've done a little poking around towards donating to Hurricane Floyd
victims. There is a local charity, Operation Toybox, which does toys
formed a few years ago by a local high school student (see
http://www.redcross.org/triangle/toybox/) which we can probably work
with to handle the actuall distribution (unless someone else in NC has
time to do distribution). If I don't end up spending this weekend doing
clean up, I could make a shopping trip (the Danville VA TRU had a _ton_
of older Freestyle and brick buckets a few weeks ago, possibly I could
talk them into a discount).

I will indeed have time to do some LEGO shopping this weekend, and I
will make time next week to get any purchases made to either the Red
Cross or Operation Toybox for distribution.

If anyone thinks we (I) should go ahead with this, let me know, and
especially give me ideas as to what to buy (I think buying Freestyle and
DUPLO buckets is the best bet). If anyone in NC would like to help, let
me know.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com