 General / 7188
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:16:33 GMT

Thank you very much friends..:-)

I've read all responses from you and being part of such a nice community
made me very happy and proud, as always.

For the several questions arise, here are my thoughts.

- Lego prices are very high in Turkey. When the freestyle boxes/buckets
(most appropriate for the purpose) have being considered the price
difference is so high, especially when your discounts taken into account.

- I didn't pay any customs fee except the two largest sets that I've ever
ordered from Europe or US, so this made me thinking of if the size of the
package is considerable, the customs fee should taken into account, but I
can of course collect required money for this with my friends and coworkers
here.

- For any used (or new) Lego (or any other toys) deciding some collection
points (in several countries or one in US and one in Europe) could be nice,
but this made shipping charges higher. I can try to collect some of the
shipping charges from my friends, too.

- If you can really contact a courier company like DHL or the like, for a
discounted shipping charge, this would be wonderful, since it would be much
more trusty and made sure it arrive at the correct place. My company also a
customer of DHL and TNT here in Turkey, so I can contact them if any
requirement arise.

You are great, as always,,;-)

Selçuk Göre

sgore@superonline.com