 General / 7616
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 00:23:20 GMT

444 to ship? That must be a LOT of stuff bulkwise... or it just stinks
to mail to Turkey, I guess.

Thanks for doing this for us. Your check is in the mail. Well, not
literally, since today's sunday, but you know what I mean...

dkrenz wrote:

Here is what I bought:

6 - 1200 pc blue tubs
4 - 400 pc freestyle w/backpack
1 - 80 pc primo (clearance at w-m for $11.00 yea!!!)
1 - duplo indian family (also clearance at w-m)
6 - 400+ pc classic sets playtable
1 - duplo school bus (kinda odd, I know, but I needed something about that price to
get the buy 1 get 1 50%
     plus it great for storing bricks in) 70 pieces
4 - yellow duplo buckets #2493 50 pieces
3 - green duplo tubs
2 - Pooh Duplo
4 - 6580 land jet
1 - classic bucket #4288 400 pieces
3 - primo in the lady bug container
2 - duplo ghost train oval set #2276

The above totaled $512. I added up the piece count and came up with just under
13,000 pieces - that'll keep little hands busy & happy!. I boxed everything up (6
boxes) and came up with 123 pounds. According to the USPS web site, that will cost
$444.47 to ship. Depending on how close my scale is to correct (it's kinda awkward
setting boxes on it), that leaves about $216 left to spend. Unless anybody has a
better idea, I plan on going to Wal-mart on Wednesday to spend the remaining money
on the 400 pc classic bucket #4288, they had an entire end cap full of them, they
sell for just under $10. I was disappointed k-m didn't have more of the #4288
buckets, maybe I just didn't get to the stores early enough in the week.

Where I could I combined contents of items. I combined 2 blue tubs into one blue
tub, ect. I did this to get more weight into each box, the heavier the box, the
less it cost to ship.

I'll be mailing these 6 boxes out tomorrow. When I get all done with everything,
I'll mail a copy of the receipts to Larry.

I'll post another update tomorrow after I return from the p.o.

Julie

lugnet.