 General / 7635
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:18:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I have spent $512 on Lego. Do you want to check with other
donators to see if
this is still a good idea, as far as this being money well
spent? I thought I
read a post that said the cost of Lego is double in Turkey.
At this point, "we"
are paying double as well.

Feel free to repost/email what ever part of this email you
feel necessary.

Julie

To the group... what should we do? It chaps me to spend 1/2 the total
just on postage. Should we send money to Selcuk instead? Assuming that
Julie can get refunds on most of the stuff, that is...

Has anyone checked with the possibility of having this shipped over by a third
party?  I'm sure that the Red Cross and the US Army (among others)are both
sending aid to Turkey, what about contacting the local base or red cross
office, and asking if they will 'carry' the cost of shipping a large donation
of toys?

$0.02

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/