 General / 7653
Re: Toy Aid for children affected from Earthquake in Turkey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:31:08 GMT

How about contacting your local paper, explain the Post offices, red
cross, fedExs, and any other means of shipping... Lack of co-operation
to help in shipping charges for items going to a ravaged country..
sometimes this gets people up in arms that the larger co's refuse to
help.  and again.. back to the fact that no place likes BAD publicity...
might be faster than cutting through the red tape..
Just a thought...

Otherwise I say dump all the boxes, tubs, containers and toss just the
lego into the boxes. If you wanted to keep some sets together you could
ziplock baggie them... that should help with shipping costs some.. Even
shipping a bulk tub to Canada is expensive I'd bet from 8.00 down to
probably 4.00 if I wouldn't have sent the tub.. if we can half that
shipping charge that's worth it.. S said he could get containers cheaply
there.. so that's a big option...
What's the top weight on a box going through UPSP? and how much would
the shipping be on that? if we could cut down the number of boxes to 2
or 3... it might be do-able??

dkrenz wrote:
Here's another thought:

The items I opened in order to maximize weight per box (6 blue tubs, some
FreeStyle and Duplo stuff) could be auctioned off on BRICKS.

I think this would take too long to get the money back :( As long as
we've already got the stuff.. I think we need to find a way to get it
shipped over..

Julie

If I had some extra money I would be willing to help with the shipping
cost either way, though School tapped me out big time this semester :(
--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy

Follow the bouncing boxes!