 General / 8107
Re: Datsville Construcrtions Steam Roller)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:46:42 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

"Nick Goetz" <ngoetz@iquest.net> writes:

Holy Mackerel. That is a big truck. Do they make Lego tires 12 studs high?

The largest LEGO Technic wheels are consistently just above 8 cm in
diameter, which is pretty close to ten studs.  You'll find wheels like
that on

    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=5533
    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8484

I think you mean 8448 here

Those ARE nice wheels but I feel that the tires are not tall enough in
proportion to the wheel for this application, the wheel is 6 of those 10
studs, and the tires are only 2 each side (or so)

If you look at the proto photos it appears that the tires are as big as
the wheel if not a little more. The wheels I ended up using are closer
to that.

lugnet.