 General / 51336
Re: The LEGO Revival Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:14:00 GMT

  This is my final plea and I will be silent about this (I will post the results
though) from now on.

  Lugnet isn't filled with little children.  There are thousands, I think, of
members here who have jobs, families, children, spouses and other things that
take up their time.  Yet, one thing brings us together, LEGO toys.

  I can't count the threads in dozens of forums about how people wish things
were different.  They would like to see "such and such" or "this or that" yet
now when it counts, when it really matters, so few are willing to speak up on
what they think.  Too few have responded about their personal concerns of which
Jake has promised to read.  Not only to read though.  Anything that proves
useful or valuable he has promised to pass on the the right people.  This means
marketing, designers, or maybe even the high-ups will possibly get and read what
each of us value and want to see.

  This isn't a pipe dream.  This is the real deal.  Dozens of AFOLs and KAFOLs
have already responded and shared what they feel is important.  Hundreds of us
have commented or complained about so many issues over the last few years that
it would be near impossible to go back and read just the opinions on this site.
Yet, still with a new and fresh opportunity set before us, we sit back and
ignore it.

  It is like the people who won't vote.  They think what they have to say is
important but their apathy is so great they neglect the very things that will
shape their lives for years to come.  They never use the "voice" to change what
they can.  Yet, they still find time to complain about something when it isn't
what they wanted.  Every vote counts.

  In this case, every reply counts.  Don't let this pass by.  Everyone can find
15-20 minutes to reply.  I am not asking for money or blood or anything that
will cost you greatly.  All I am asking for is your valuable answers to 11
questions.  What can I say that will help you decide.  I can't promise anything
that I haven't already.  I can't give away $100 sets to the first 40 replies.  I
can't bake everyone cookies and mail them out.  I can ask you, nay, beg you to
help with this effort.  Please help.  Please.  Help me (insert your name)
Kenobi, you are THE only hope.

Show Jake and LEGO what we are made of.  Don't let the chance pass.

Thank you for your reply.  Every answer counts.  Every opinion matters.

The LEGO revival survey