 General / 51325
Re: The LEGO Revival Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:03:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Thompson wrote:
Why do LEGO toys have value to you?

The elements form a brilliant system which I enjoy working with.

What makes LEGO brand construction toys worth your money?

The careful engineering that goes into element design continues to adhere to the
system specifications while expanding building possibilities.

In what way has the LEGO brand let you down?

I continue to be insulted by the absence of recognition of Macintosh computer
users. I am somewhat disappointed by decreased quality in production of some
elements. Other than that, I do not feel I have been let down.

Recently, how has the LEGO brand improved?

Improvements that apply to me? Increased access to individual elements for
purchase allows me more possibilities at less trouble.

What would you like to see LEGO (re)introduce in the next three years?

I would like more programmable bricks and accessories for them. Re-release some
things similar to the blue Scout brick, the DACTA Control Lab, and Code Pilot
barcode reader. Release new sensors and a new RCX.

What does LEGO need to do to sell more products for less cost to them?

N/A

What reason(s) do you have for not buying new LEGO sets?

Only that I have very little income. (not The LEGO Company's fault, I know)

What would it take for you to spend more money on new LEGO products versus
buying sets/parts on the second hand markets?

N/A (I don't buy from secondhand markets.)

What will it take for LEGO to remain the best construction toy for all ages and
be a profitable company?

N/A

What are your home country, first name and age?

U.S.A, Suzanne, 35

Is there anything you would like to say with this last question that you feel
someone at LEGO should not go without reading?

Thank you. I know it's difficult to survive in such a competitive market.
Although that may lead to some unhappy surprises for me, I trust you are doing
your best to remain true to your core values and I always appreciate that.

p.s.
I believe the Designer sets are the best thing the company has ever released.

p.p.s.
Thank you for "sharing the fun" with us grown-ups!