 General / 51317
Re: The LEGO Revival Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:48:22 GMT

Why do LEGO toys have value to you?

I have had LEGO toys as long as I can remember.

What makes LEGO brand construction toys worth
your money?

It's LEGO.

In what way has the LEGO brand let you down?

The ventures into non-building system items.

Named minifigs - I liked it better when only the setting, and maybe a basic
premise for the story was provided. Who all of the minifigs were individually
was left to the imagination.
(I realize I can rename the named minifigs to anything I want, but for some odd
reason I find it difficult to do so.)
In the same way, I liked it better when all of the minifigs were classic
smileys.

Recently, how has the LEGO brand improved?

The Make & Create / Creator / Designer sets are a return to the Universal /
Basic / Freestyle type sets. Those types of sets had been missing for a while.

What would you like to see LEGO (re)introduce
in the next three years?

Small sets, polybags and smaller box sets. Those sizes have been missing from
the range recently.

Make & Create/Creator/Designer type sets with minifigs.

Also a return to generic (and non-licensed) themes such as the Space, Castle and
Town of old.

What does LEGO need to do to sell more
products for less cost to them?

N/A

What reason(s) do you have for not buying new
LEGO sets?

Thinking it over, I think the non-generic nature of the storylines and the
minifigs has been a factor in this for me. Another factor has been the lack of
smaller sets in the non-licensed System themes.

What would it take for you to spend more money
on new LEGO products versus buying sets/parts
on the second hand markets?

Again, returning to generic (and non-licensed) storylines/minifigs and more sets
in the small to medium size (and price) range.

What will it take for LEGO to remain the best
construction toy for all ages and be a profitable
company?

Not sure, but I think returning to their core business of construction toys is a
good start.

What are your home country, first name and age?

USA, Erik 33