 General / 51341
Re: The LEGO Revival Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:38:45 GMT

Wow, David Eaton just pretty much hit the nail on the head... Here's my $0.02:

Why do LEGO toys have value to you?

They're fun to play with, and they'll never go "out of style".  I can pass them
down to my kids in the future.

What makes LEGO brand construction toys worth your money?

Best quality compared to other building blocks, and a lot of thought has been
put into set designs (hopefully).

In what way has the LEGO brand let you down?

The biggest disappointment was the colour change.  This includes the
licensed-minifig colour change.

Recently, how has the LEGO brand improved?

The recent designer sets, with the assortment of non-juniorized, multi-use
pieces are great!  Recent AFOLs involvement is novel, and the whole LEGO factory
concept seems like a good idea.

What would you like to see LEGO (re)introduce in the next three years?

Besides pieces in the old colours, having the classic castle and town sets (from
the 80s, early 90s) would be awesome.  They don't even need to be reissues, just
release sets that focused on normal daily life.

What does LEGO need to do to sell more products for less cost to them?

N/A

What reason(s) do you have for not buying new LEGO sets?

The one and only reason: I won't buy a set that contains pieces in the new
colour.

What would it take for you to spend more money on new LEGO products versus
buying sets/parts on the second hand markets?

Offer sets with interesting designs or pieces that I want.  Here's an example: I
recently bought 6060 Knight's Challenge off eBay because it has an interesting
design - much better than 8779 The Grand Tournament (what's so grand about 3
minifigs and 0 horses?).  Another example: I want original light grey 1x4
bricks.  Since I can't buy them from LEGO, I'll go to the secondary market.  I'm
still waiting for the 1x1x2/3 slope to come out in black.

What will it take for LEGO to remain the best construction toy for all ages and
be a profitable company?

clothes and video games).  Avoid licensing agreements.

What are your home country, first name and age?

Bryan, Canada, 27