 General / 51351
Re: The LEGO Revival Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:15:10 GMT

Why do LEGO toys have value to you?
The are a great toy and I believe they have educational value and are just
great to let your imagination run wild

What makes LEGO brand construction toys worth your money?
The fact that no matter what I build if I dont like it I can change it and the
fact they are so cool most of the times.

In what way has the LEGO brand let you down?
Not releasing Vikings in the US yet, Making weird themes (understandable though
for their kid oriented ways now) Making the Castle series not so great (the old
stuff was the best) the big color change too

Recently, how has the LEGO brand improved? • They have come out with some decent sets

What would you like to see LEGO (re)introduce in the next three years? CLASSIC CASTLE, CLASSIC SPACE, Old Scholl TOWN stuff, Classic PIRATE

What does LEGO need to do to sell more products for less cost to them?
Need to come out with more stuff that the older Lego Users would want to buy and
keep almost all pieces and add them to their collection.  Make buying just the
specific bricks beter too.

What reason(s) do you have for not buying new LEGO sets?
Some of them I just dont want to spend the money for the few parts I actually
want.

What would it take for you to spend more money on new LEGO products versus
buying sets/parts on the second hand markets?
Sets more akin to the old days, better themes (or just back to the basics)
better set selections, being able to find what I want.

What will it take for LEGO to remain the best construction toy for all ages and
be a profitable company? • Going back to the 80s and 90s style sets and themes

What are your home country, first name and age? • USA, DUSTY, 22

Is there anything you would like to say with this last question that you feel
someone at LEGO should not go without reading?
If VIKINGS, a better castle theme, and space theme where out and for a good
price vs peice count where out you might make more money and go back to the top.

Just my answers to the questions

Dusty