 General / 48394
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:21:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter Roberts wrote:
   It’s not that I’m bothered about so much. It’s the gratuitous use of liftarms where standard technic bricks could be used to better effect.

I’d be genuinely curious to see some specific uses where you feel this to be the case. I’m one of those people who mostly just uses the old-style TECHNIC bricks when I want TECHNIC features in a standard brick construction (like Moonbase corridor flanges), but sually not at all in a full TECHNIC MOC, so I’m rarely looking for ways to use them in their original capacity. I do a lot of TECHNIC-sculpting, so the biggest problem I’ve usually faced is that the extra height required for the stud interface would prevent me from packing pieces as compactly as I need to do.