 General / 48407
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:53:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
I've read somewhere that putting the studs in Technic holes is not a
recommended technique. It does wear the parts too much.

It's true that it's not recommended.  The TECHNIC hole is smaller in diameter
than the inside of a 1x1 round brick, which is what allows TECHNIC pins to be
inserted into round bricks without damaging the split tip.  That doesn't mean it
doesn't work.  Many of the more interesting construction techniques aren't
exactly brick-friendly, but they work in situations where nothing else will.
Just don't stick a 1x1 round cone into any TECHNIC holes.

I don't think that anybody argues on usefulness of studless beams.

I do.  Orion does.  Heck, Kevin's pretty much the poster-child for what can be
accomplished with stud-free construction.