 General / 48393
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:06:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter Roberts wrote:
   In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   The Technic system is still very much compatible with the LEGO system as a whole.

Indeed. I used a 5-piece stud-free TECHNIC construct as a way to interface between the standard LEGO bricks and a BIONICLE part in these MOCs. There wasn’t room to squeeze any studded TECHNIC parts in, and the handlebars/side flares are actually connected to the base of the sled through the TECHNIC parts with no direct System-to-System connection.

It’s not that I’m bothered about so much. It’s the gratuitous use of liftarms where standard technic bricks could be used to better effect. However, it’s no use trying to dig myself out of a hole. I can hear the mention of 8466, 8455, 8448, 8458 etc. a mile off. I take your point. I guess I’d better shut up. I’ve never been a particularly fantastic builder myself. See for yourself: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/4275.

For me, building out of LEGO is theraputic. I have fun building things, and appreciate the inventiveness that LEGO provides.

I like your ship. I particulary like your uses of pneumatic hoses for non-pneumatic purposes.

Don’t worry about whether you are fantastic or not....... focus on the enjoyment. I know I do.

Kevin