 General / 48425
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:09:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
   How about whenever you try to use Technic parts in a “non Technic” model?

I guess I should have been more specific and restricted my request to just TECHNIC models. As I’ve said before, I use TECHNIC bricks quite a bit when I want TECHNIC functions in a non-TECHNIC MOC, but I rarely use them instead of liftarms in a fully TECHNIC MOC. TLC’s official products seem to be following the same pattern these days, with TECHNIC bricks found in sets like the Inventor and Designer series, and even in the 4+ series, but not in the more advanced TECHNIC line.

   Besides it’s all supposed to be part of a “system”, right? Without some studded Technic bricks it’s hard to connect to regular bricks!

Hard, but not impossible. If you look at a transparent 1x brick, you’ll notice little ridges formed into the interior to provide gripping surfaces for the flange of a TECHNIC pin, round 2x2 and 4x4 bricks and cones have axle holes, and there’s always the stud-pin.