 General / 48420
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:41:21 GMT

Purple Dave wrote:
Not really, but he did say it a lot "bigger".  It's basically the same old rant
that pops up every few months, where the only thing that changes is the set
numbers.

I'm biased basic brick user. You're biased Bionicle user.

I want to see someone cite an instance where a single studded TECHNIC
brick would be more effective than a single stud-free TECHNIC liftarm.

Stud free Technic liftarm is {almost} useless when you want to use other
(non-Technic) studded parts.
Technic bricks with plates make better frames for stuff like cars.

Usage of Technic bricks has almost flat learning curve. You just use
them as another brick, and learn few tricks like inserting 2 plates and
cross-strenghtening with other beam (even studless, you know).

Usage of studless beams in studless-only creation is anything but
intuitive. You've got to use _complete_ different way of building
(instead of bottom-to-top you must use inside-to-outside) and master
tens of funny new elements just to achieve something what would take you
1 minute of playing with plates and bricks.

Simply put, I really don't know what would make me build something like
the new Tow Truck (using studless bricks) when I can easily build
something like 8479 (using studded bricks).

Tell me why do you think that the studless bricks in the Tow Truck are
more effective then the studded bricks in the 8479. For me they clearly
aren't.

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
http://www.kostky.org