 General / 48424
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:49:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Peter Roberts wrote:
A bit off my current tangent,
who can honestly say the one on the left looks better?

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=798618

I can.  I think it looks a lot better without all the studs.

The advantage of Technic bricks over liftarms comes when you want to add some
Technic features (gears, etc.) to a mostly-non-Technic model.  But for a purely
Technic model like these dune buggies, the studless liftarms provide a much
cleaner look.

The only advantage to the one on the right is that it's obviously LEGO to the
novice eye.  The lack of studs on the left one may fool the casual observer into
thinking it's some other brand of construction toy.  But you asked which looks
better, not which looks more like classic LEGO.

--Bill.