 General / 48353
Re: A fan no more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:13:59 GMT

   This decision was also spurred by the arrival in my mailbox today of the Summer 2004 catalog. Each turn of the page further confirmed to me that Lego has ceased to be what I loved. Too many of the set pictures don’t show you what the whole set looks like and the pictures are blurred with action graphics that distort what should be in focus. Also, the overall set design has continued to worsen.

Oh yeah *that thing*. I recall getting a copy of that in the mail the other day, but after two minutes of flipping through it, I put it into my not-so-coveted ‘shred pile’.

I admit there are a few interesting bits in there, (including a few of the HP sets - good for those scarce latticed window components) but most of the new stuff looks rather dull and mundane. For the knight figures/ sets, they’re another castle travesty. Now, what about those set designers? They must be taking really long coffee breaks...or the process is being overseen by evil monkeys who conspire to take over the company...or ABS fumes are corrupting the designers. The conspiracy theories go on and on...

Will the campaign of lameness end? Will future catalogues see the same fate as this one? Tune in and see the next installment of this...epic saga : )

Osprey Rezkalla

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/