 General / 18377
Re: A new scan for 371 (some proof?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 16:59:24 GMT

"Michael Huffman" <mhuffman@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:392592E1.D493EEC6@mindspring.com...
Mark Koesel wrote:

I never previously doubted, nor do I now doubt that you actually
have the instructions in your possession.

Sorry.  No offence/hostility intended.

No need for an apology, I too meant no offense nor hostility.  I was
just making my stance clear, that's all :)

They are printed, with the same 'feel' as the 331/332/333
instructions.  They don't feel like they were printed out on a
color printer on glossy paper -- say at Kinko's or something --
they're very much have an 'old' feel to them.

Which suggests that maybe they were created by someone at TLG,
perhaps.  Or perhaps the person who created them simply had access
to high end printing equipment at the time.  It is a curious, I
admit.

I agree, looking at it now, there are several errors, missing
steps & very difficult reading what parts should be used (ie.
could it had be intended that it was a 2x2 plate instead of a
2x2 L plate? but because of the bad drawing, it looks to us
like a 2x2 L plate?)

I'd say that the errors were most likely introduced because the
instructions were created by someone trying to copy the model
from the picture, and not because of mistakes made in printing
or drawing the instructions.

Now as the to TLG prototype, is there any wat to give the Form
number at the bottom of the last page to TLG and have them
verify it?

Not likley, unless you knew someone who worked at TLG, and could
do the research.

Sorry, it's probably been 4-6 months since I won the instructions,
not to mention I don't remember who I won them from without doing
some major searching...  That and it seemed like they didn't
collect LEGO; maybe found them at a garage sell & sold them to
me...  But I'll look.

Yes, please try and track them down.  Without their cooperation, it
may be impossible to determine the source of this strange piece of
literature.

Mark K