 General / 18370
Re: A new scan for 371 (some proof?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:55:32 GMT

I never previously doubted, nor do I now doubt that you actually
have the instructions in your possession.

What I do doubt is that they are instructions from any actual
Lego set.  These are either created (somewhat poorly) by a fan,
as an internal TLG prototype, or by some "knock-off" company.

Note that, I also contend that whoever did create the instructions
almost certainly did so by trying to copy the picture of the model;
the instructions are too error-laiden to have been created by the
same fan that created the original model.

I like the idea that suggested these were created in a paint
program.  That would explain the lack of consistency throughout
the steps.

Michael, where did you say you got the instructions again -- an
Ebay auction was it?  Why not encourage the seller to participate
in this discussion?

Mark K