 General / 18375
Re: A new scan for 371 (some proof?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 16:46:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman writes:
Also, if this doesn't clear up any doubt, let me know.  I'm willing
to send the set of instructions to any classic LEGO expert to
verify or deny it's authenticity... as long as they can guarantee
that the instructions will not be harmed & returned promptly.

I am by no means an expert on classic sets, but I work with a team of graphic
designers who are experts when it comes to printing and the design process.  I
could have them look at it and they would be able to determine what type of
process, equipment, and technology were used to create the instructions you
have.  One of the guys is an expert on all types of printing processes and
fontography, even older stuff, and would most likely be able to tell if any
digital process was used, as well as what printing presses were used based on
how the colors are physicly applied to the page, etc.

If you wish to send them to me I will have them look at it and return them
promptly and with extreme care, along with their input.

I love a good mystery!

Chris Busse
cbusse@infi.net
http://www.bussetech.com